Trail workdays are scheduled regularly throughout the year for maintenance chores, and unpredictably following storms to clear downed trees, limbs, and debris and to repair washouts and landslides. Trail construction and maintenance can be physically challenging, but there are tasks for everyone (except pets—please leave them at home).
Watch the website, Facebook, and Instagram for scheduled and storm-related Trail workdays. Contact Palmetto Conservation:
- To arrange Trail workdays for an organization, such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, school or church youth groups, or company teams.
- To adopt a Trail passage or section for regular maintenance—Trail adopters keep a close eye on “their section” of the Trail, letting coordinators know when problems happen and helping with the work team.
What To Bring on a Workday
- Bring work gloves, water bottle, and lunch
- Wear long pants, long-sleeved shirt, and sturdy shoes
- Wear sunscreen and a hat
- Bring bug repellent
- Bring rain gear and a fleece jacket (thunderstorms can cause dramatic temperature shifts)
- Wear a day pack to carry your stuff
- No pets allowed at workdays
Volunteer Coordinator Contact Information
If you have questions, contact Palmetto Conservation at (803) 771-0870.Share "Volunteer":